Pure Phase Ensemble 3 is an international instrumental collective created especially for the SpaceFest! festival organized by Nasiono Association and Laznia Centre for Contemporary Art in Gdansk. Several musicians from different countries took part in a workshop at the beginning of December 2013. Together they composed the music material which was then presented to the audience during the festival. The leaders and musical directors of this edition of workshops were: Ray Dickaty, a British saxophonist improviser (in 1997-2002 a member of Spiritualized, cooperating among the others with Radiohead, Stereolab, Lush, Dr. John) and Laetitia Sadier known as the key member of Stereolab.
The live material of Pure Phase Ensemble 3 Live at SpaceFest! was released on a CD on 1st August 2014.
Members of Pure Phase Ensemble 3:
· Laetitia Sadier (Musical Director, Stereolab) – voice, guitar
· Ray Dickaty (Musical Director) – tenor / soprano saxophones
· Małgorzata Penkalla (Enchanted Hunters) – voice, violin, guitar
· Magdalena Gajdzica (Enchanted Hunters) – voice, flute, (synth)
· Joanna Kuźma (Asia i Koty) – voice, piano (keyboard), guitar
· Jarosław Marciszewski (Popsysze) – guitar, voice, djembe
· Jakub Świątek (Popsysze) – drums
· Sławek Draczyński (Popsysze) – bass guitar
· Jakub Kozak (The Esthetics) – guitar
· Karol Schwarz (KSAS) – pure phase (analogue synthesizer)
nasiono records 67/2014
SpaceFest! is a festival of shoegaze, space-rock and alternative music. It consists of concerts, workshops for musicians from Poland and abroad, meetings with legendary artists, a competition for young bands and live album releases. It is always held in Gdansk on the first weekend of December. 3 editions have been organized already.
SpaceFest! is organized by Nasiono Association in cooperation with Laznia Centre for Contemporary Arts, Klub Zak and with the support of the City of Gdansk.